Associated Students Inc. (ASI) Board of Directors met May 30 for its final biweekly meeting of the year in the University Union (UU), room 220. Topics discussed included:
ASI Upcoming Events:
• There will be a Mike Annuzzi concert tomorrow during UU Hour.
• Films for Finals will be showing “The Shock Felt Around the World” June 5 at 6 p.m. in the Multi-Activity Center.
Katie Morrow, ASI chief of staff reported:
• Chief of police candidates are on campus this week.
• The vice president of Student Affairs search will begin this summer.
Karen Mesrobian, chair of University Union Advisory Board reported:
• The Craft Center and Recreation Center are currently hiring new employees for the summer.
• June 17 is the last day for students not enrolled in summer school to use the Recreation Center. After then, those students will have to purchase a summer or day pass.
Rick Johnson, ASI executive director reported:
• Marcy Maloney received the Outstanding Staff Award.
Pierce Marchant was ratified to fill the vacant board of director position in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences.
Brad Moore was ratified to fill the vacant Board of Director position in the Orfalea College of Business.
Bonnie Murphy, Cal Poly Corporation representative reported:
• Subway, Starbucks and a frozen yogurt shop will be under construction this summer.
Ryan Crist, director of the ASI Outreach and Communication Committee reported:
• Students can receive free Scantrons in exchange for filling out furniture surveys during finals week.